Thursday, January 26, 2012

News and the delusion of relevance

I told a friend I am not following the news.

the moron says I am "detached from reality"
Now almost all news are of zero relevance to my life. Reading the news is living in a fantasy world, where irelevant things take center stage.

besides news makes me unhappy, and stupid. I am not doing stupid things no matter what "reality" and other nonsense are invoked to justify it.

I suspect that reading the news is a weakness for most. The rest is justifications 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

some of us wish you wrote more.

Jazi Zilber said...

Thanks!

Marjorie said...

I had a similar experience with a friend. Was told I was hiding from reality. News items reflect someone else's idea of importance, not mine. Mostly though I can't begin to handle the stress of hearing about all that crap.