Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Books that had a personal influence on me

The 20/80 principle
by Richard Koch.

I guess this book has changed my life. Even if you do not find new things reqading a few pages, do not give up. There are various diamonds. easy to read and very deep on some points. You can ignore the business part (part 2 of the book). Give special attention to chapter 9. much about having a 20/80 perception of life etc. Chapter 15 about 20/80 and happiness strock me at the time. After several years of studying happiness, I have not got back to re-read it and have a fresh opinion. But I am sure it is worthwhile reading.

Fooled by randomness
by Nassim Taleb

Great. Must read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend zilber, i agree again with you, but i am confuse about some technics of getting information "Reading" i.e. how i should read in order to get a idea? because i am struck with the idea of FBR and TBS of Nassim Taleb,these books are the best for me, for me this books summarize the life, but i found that taleb has read alot, may be thousands of books since his early years of life, i like to be like that, i have read many books, and i found my self that always ahead there is a better book, some of this are simple ideas, like Nassim says, ideas come and go, but story stays, others books are amazing like Taleb's books, should i anyway have to read the books that Taleb read? or TBS summarize the thousands of books he has read? What is your position getting an idea? Read few books and work around them or we have to read alot and dig and dig till get it? in the first place many people don not have time to read alot, but this people have time to read 5 books yearly does this mean that the this people are in disvantage? greetings my friend, my email kvkv_@hotmail.com